Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let Me Brief You

Hello world.

Let's start out with the fact that for over a year I have been searching to find a community where I feel I can just open up and share what's wrong with me. I'm new to everything going on still so I feel very blessed to have found bloggers who have experienced what I'm experiencing. I want to thank you all now.

Continuing on, I am young, I am only eighteen. This is a scary time and it's scary to experience my multiple health problems.

I currently have been diagnosed with: Vulvodynia, Ovarian Cysts, Fibromyalgia-like symptoms (my doctor doesn't like the term 'Fibromyalgia'), and we are undergoing tests for IBS and Endometriosis. Life is a ball of fun for me right now.

I am convinced I have enometriosis as my mother had it and I have more symptoms than she did. My doctor believes I have it but told me he didn't want to run a test for it because, "there's nothing [he] can do." Which really made me mad. Don't get me wrong my doctor is amazing, I just think since I'm in his office every week I've started to exhaust him.

Anyway, to wrap up tonight, as it's late and I am not thinking clearly, everything I have been diagnosed with has come at me fast in the past two years. It kicked off with ovarian cysts and ended with fibromyalgia.

I hope to find support and I hope to help others out with different tips along the way.

1 comment:

  1. hi natalie! haha...my twin sister's name is natali...
    i love the fact that u are blogging already for your health issues....i was in the same boat u are last year around this time. I began to search the internet for causes to severe cramps among other things and stumbled across endo. Just let me tell you , if you truly feel that you have endometriosis DO NOT give up on finding out. I became convinced in march of 2008 and didnt have a lap unti dec 08. I do in fact have endo and although everyday is different and sometimes challenging, life is still worth living and i've realized how to be happy in the midst of pain :)

    ReplyDelete