Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm so tired of being in pain.

Today I did my therapy as I've been told to do for over a year, over and over, which is failing to work. I used my cream, and I used numbing gel today...nothing. I think my gel went bad actually and isn't working anymore, although it doesn't expire for another year.

Anyway, I'm pretty upset. I tried to use the gel again just two minutes ago and of course it hurt so bad trying to insert the stupid cotton...thing that I just sat on my bathroom floor and cried.

This is getting horrible, I don't have a driver's license because I never needed it when I was 16, now I'm 18 and decided I should learn to drive. I can't sit in a car without pain, I learned that tonight when I tried to drive around the block.

I went out looking for an invalid cushion (or whatever they're called) and the only one I found was at Walmart for thirty bucks...I didn't buy it but I'm betting that's the best deal for a half decent one.

I hate this. I just want to be able to sit.

2 comments:

  1. You can go to a garden store or Home Depot and get a kneeling pad for about $2.00. Then you cut out the area where your nerve feels pressure and viola! You have a very cheap way to make sitting a little better.

    The cushions you buy are not sized for vulvodynia, you would need to cut whatever you bought to meet your physical needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,

    I have endometriosis, vulvodynia/vestibulitis, interstitial cystitis, what they thought was an entrapped (groin) nerve that led to a botched surgery, fibromyalgia, pelvic congestion syndrome, etc. all of which can make sitting hurt.

    You don't need to necessarily buy a fancy cushion. I sit on blankets A LOT. When I'm at the computer (like now) I sit on 2-3 blankets on top of a "comfy" leather chair most people would find perfectly comfortable as is.

    When I go out places, I often take those chairs that fold up and fit into a bag that can be carried? For me they are the best! Lots of give to them yet enough support. I love those chairs!

    You can always sit on a blanket in the car too. If you use a blanket you already have, it won't cost you a penny.

    Hope this helps!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete