Monday, October 17, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

Hey.

So I don't know if anyone even will see this, but I just wanted to say that you ladies have all been on my mind for the longest time. I fell into a deep depression for a long time, where I didn't want to have anything to do with vaginas or pelvic pain. I've come out of it, I've been out for a while now, but I just bided my time before coming back here.

I'll give an update:

I'm seeing a new gynaecologist who is fantastic. He's very kind, gentle and listens so well to me. I haven't been doing any treatments, just icing and sitz baths to try and ignore the pain. I hit rock bottom a while back, I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend and spiraling downwards into a worse depression. I snapped out of it, thankfully, we're back together now after working out the kinks in our relationship. That's about it, really.

My pain has not changed, it has not gotten better or worse. Everything stays the same for me. I was on facebook a while back, in one of the "support" groups there, and I asked if anyone was from Canada, because I can never find anyone in Canada. Sure enough, a few women popped up and told me they were starting a face to face support group, and that I was welcome to join. I jumped at the opportunity and got all the information.

There's only about 6 of us in the group, but that's okay, it's more intimate and easier to get comfortable with everyone. We're hoping to get the word out there that we exist, and to help more women. We share treatment information, doctors and stories about how we came to where we are. We've only met up twice now, but hope to make it a monthly thing. It's been really comforting and helpful to me to know that these women are here to listen.

I'm the youngest in the group, of course, but that's alright. This is short, and just basic, I'm not feeling a lot of emotions in any way right now. I guess content is the word. Regardless, if you're in Canada and looking for support, check us out:

If you're nearby we can meet up hopefully.

Thanks for reading, I promise to get caught up with everyone else.

Lots of love,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment