Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tightropes, Stairs and Vomit

The other day my boyfriend and I were watching a TV show called In Real Life. It's a show where these kids are challenged to "work" a "real" job. At the end of the season they win some prize money or something, I guess a child version of a reality show. Anyway, the theme of the episode we so happened to be watching was about circus performers. They had to ride a mini bike, walk on a tightrope and then do some tricks on a trampoline, or something along those lines.

So this girl was doing the challenge where she had to walk on the tightrope. It was really intense because she kept falling of it and I felt bad for her. But then she fell smack down onto the rope, like landed on her crotch on the rope. When she landed my eyes welled with tears because I could imagine, well I assumed the pain felt like mine does. She was down and cried for a long time...and my boyfriend looked at me and said, "do you think she could get vulvodynia from that?"

That lead me to wonder...could she? I don't really know, I don't think anything like that ever happened to me and I know the cause is still unknown, but maybe different things can cause it. I don't know, all I can think of is how badly it must have hurt.

Then tonight when I was watching the kids, one of the girls slid down the stairs one at a time. Thud, thud, thud. Landing on her butt every time. I used to do that when I was a kid...but now, FORGET IT! It would end with me bawling my eyes out and ice between my thighs. I think about these things and how lucky other people are.

And in other news, one of the luxury's of going off of birth control is that I puke before I get my period again! YAY! Today I had awful cramps and I went to go lay down and I puked...it was awful. Fortunately, then my bad mood from earlier in the day was instantly forgiven by all around me. I know it's not a flu bug or anything because I feel fine now, still no period though. 30 days and nada, hurry up so I can stop stuffing my face!!!

4 comments:

  1. My opinion (not a medical professional) is that yes she could get vulvodynia from that. I had an injury similar to that as a child, and the vulvar pain started not long after, an awful aching. I was climbing over a board fence and landed on the board (the skinny part) with my crotch. So I would say yes, I think it could be a cause of vulvodynia.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that definitely sounds painful! i cant imagine the pain that you must go thru all the time. Is there any treatment for vulvodynia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, autoimmunelife, thanks for that. Well I guess not really thanks, but you know.
    I was really curious about that and I think it makes so much sense. I've been trying to think about a time that it might have happened to me. So far I've come up with nothing. I'm so sorry that's how it happened for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. allisyn,
    So for for vulvodynia there are treatments but no real "cure". I have tried many treatments, so far all of them have failed to work for me personally.
    If you have any more questions ask away.

    ReplyDelete